Background

December 18, 2009

It's all in the name

So, I've thought about starting a blog, but honestly was a little intimidated. But, I've been getting a little more computer savvy. For example, I figured out how to add new fonts to my computer. So, that made me feel a little more confident. Then, my sister in law, Amy, started a blog. I figured, if she could do it, then maybe I could too. Ta-Da!! Here I am, bloggin like a natural.

Anyway, another thing that kept me from blogging was trying to think of a name for my blog. I went through several, but thought they were lame. I wanted to do one with our last name, the Baldwin's. But, nothing worked how I wanted it to. Then, I thought, "hey, I'm the one doing all the work, so I should just name the blog after myself." But, I didn't want to do that either, because my family is such a HUGE part of me. So, here I was, stuck in a blog rut. I started thinking of nicknames I had growing up. My dad used to call me a "lovely, beautiful, wonderful princess." (No, I'm not kidding.) For obvious reasons (it's too long ;) hee, hee) I didn't use that for my blog name. My other nickname was "Sister". So, I decided to go with that, and add Brian, my husband, or in this case "Mister". Then it's not just me, but us, and together we made our family, whom this blog will mostly be about; and that sounds good to me.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world. I look forward to reading your post's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Jenny, ambitious too. Can't wait to get to know you better this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's great! I look forward to seeing and learning about your cute fam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to keep up with your cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete