Background

January 13, 2012

Playhouse

So, I don't know if I've told you about my new friend, Felt? Anyway, we spent A LOT of time together over the last couple of months!! I decided to make a card table play house for my kids this last Christmas. It was a lot of work, but I loved every second of it. I was kind of sad when it was finished, but mostly excited to see their faces when they saw it! It's been a hit, they love playing with it, kinda makes me wish I was a little smaller, I think I'd play too!
I tried to make it really play friendly. The mailbox opens, and I made little mail envelopes for each child. There's a little pocket on the inside under the mailbox that that mail can go in.
The garden also has corn and carrots they can pick. They can take off the water spout and pretend to water the garden. You can also remove all the birds and flowers and move them around.
I also made the apples, so you can pick them. But, I'm going to have to revise that one, the ribbon is too thick for the buttons, they haven't been staying on as well as I hoped.
The last side is fishing, I thought Van would like this when he gets a little older. But, my girls love it too. I wasn't sure how I was going to make it so they could catch the fish. Then I decided to put a magnet in the fish and one on the end of the pole and it works FANTASTIC!!
On the inside I put a baby high chair that they can put a baby in, a table with treats that they can remove and a clock.
Tell me what you think... are you going to make one? I got the original idea to make this from homemadebyjill.blogspot.com. I love her site. Then I looked at other peoples on flikr.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, This is amazing! It doesn't even compare to what you were telling me over Christmas. In complete awe. Of course your kids love it, I want to play in it too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete