Background

February 27, 2012

Friends

I love my husband, and really, he is my best friend, he knows everything about me.. knows me better than anyone else.  But, even with a great husband, every woman needs girlfriends.  I have great girl friends too, some of them are from grade school, some of them are neighbors (new and old), and some are family, like sister and in-laws. 

So, I've started reading this book by Mindy Kaling (if you watch The Office, she's Kelly Kapoor, she also helped write it.)  Anyway, the book is titled, "Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?  And Other Concerns"  I have to admit that the first 25 pages were pretty good, funny, entertaining.  But, since I've been a little bored with it.  She has a bit of a potty mouth.  But, I did just read another chapter where she talks about girlfriends, and I liked and related with most of it.  I just wanted to share some of my fav's.

So, the following is quoted from her book:

"*I CAN BORROW ALL YOUR CLOTHES*

Anything in your closet, no matter how fancy, is co-owned by me, your best firend.  I can borrow it for as long as I want.  If I get something on it or lose it, I should make all good faith attempts to get it cleaned or buy you a new one, but I don't need to do that, and you still have to love me.  If I ruin something of yours and don't replace it, you're allowed to talk sh*t about me to our other friends for one calendar year.  That's it.  Then you have to get over it.  One stipulation to my borrowing your clothes is that you ahve to have worn the item at least once before I borrow it.  I'm not a monster.

*I WILL TRY TO LIKE YOUR BOYFRIEND FIVE TIMES*

This is a fair number of times to hang our with your boyfriend and withhold judgment.

*WHEN I TAKE A SHOWER AT YOUR PLACE, I WON'T DROP THE TOWEL ON THE FLOOR*

Your home isn't a hotel.  I forget sometimes because you make it so comfortable for me.

*IF OUR PHONE CONVERSATION GETS DISCONNECTED, THERE'S NO NEED TO CALL BACK*

I get it.  You get it.  We take forever getting off the phone anyway.  This was a blessing.

*I WILL HATE AND RE-LIKE PEOPLE FOR YOU*

But you can't get mad if I can't keep track.  Robby?  Don't we hate him?  No, we love him.  Okay, okay.  Sorry."


I loved these and thought it was very easy to relate.  All you girl friends out there, I love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment